HomeFront is Hiring!
Part-Time Property Manager
HomeFront is looking for an individual to manage 44 senior housing apartments in Washington and Warren Counties.
Responsibilities include qualifying tenants, developing rental agreements, and ensuring all apartments are occupied and maintained. The ability to work effectively with consultants, contractors, and senior residents is required. We offer a flexible work schedule and no weekends. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in property management or non-profit administration.
HomeFront Development Corporation is a non-profit rural preservation company dedicated to assisting low to moderate income homeowners with their housing needs, managing affordable senior housing, and serves as a resource for community development and downtown revitalization programs in Washington County. More information can be found at www.homefrontdev.org.
To apply, mail or email a cover letter and resume to HomeFront Development Corporation, 568 Lower Allen Street, Hudson Falls, NY 12839 or email@example.com. Resumes and cover letters are due by August 31, 2020. Keep reading for a full job description:
Title: Part Time Property Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall management of HomeFront’s Senior Housing properties under the leadership of the Executive Director.
1. Develop rental agreements, select qualified tenants, collect deposits and rents, and enforce terms of rental agreements.
2. Verification of individual and household incomes to meet income restrictions as well as affordable housing program requirements.
3. Certification and re-certification of residents to comply with HUD rules and regulation.
4. Work side by side with maintenance staff and contractors to ensure that the property is well maintained.
5. Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; planning renovations; and contracting with landscaping and snow removal services.
6. Maintain financial records and create financial reports through property management and accounting software programs.
7. Ensure properties are occupied with qualified tenants through advertising, lead follow up, and property showings for prospective tenants.
8. Serve as a liaison with the Asset Management staff of the NYS Homes and Community Renewal.
Knowledge and Skills Needed
• Strong interpersonal & business communication skills
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Competence with office management software, such as Word & Excel. Quickbooks experience a plus.
• Knowledge of financial reporting
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a property management office or similar administrative role.
• Property management experience is preferable.
- S Prev